SUBSCRIBE! {Don't Miss a Post}

My Name is Chicago Fashion


It is a VERY snowy day here in Chicago, but I woke up feeling refreshed, excited and still high from last night's My Name is Chicago Fashion Speed Networking event! My first time speed networking and I didn't quite know what to expect...but I had a blast and met some amazing people! No better way to kick off the New Year than with great connections! 


Located at the jazzy but intimate Salud Tequila Lounge, the evening began with pre-networking and a reception.  Half-off all appetizers and amazing cocktails like the Salud Mojito...yum! I was ready for the night to begin. The host called for everyone's attention before delivering the speed networking instructions: we were to meet someone new and share whatever we could about ourselves, our businesses in just 5 minutes - when the bell rang - you were on to the next person! What a rush! Who came up this? Lol. I'll have to research the history of speed socializing - But if anyone else was a first timer like me, you couldn't tell. People quickly jumped into talking and getting to know one another! In fact, after a couple of rounds, I really don't think the bell even mattered anymore.  Either you were too into this new person to care, or you were ready for the next introduction! Despite the extra tight-squeeze of the venue (note: i said the lounge was "intimate" Translate = small LOL ) things were moving and shaking! High-five to L'Shanell, Robert and the rest of their crew for a great event!

With that said, I want to send a special shout out to all the fabulous people I met and mingled with last night :


Danielle Riley, Miss Black Illinois USA 2010
Philip Tarver, Talent Manager, Follow him on Twitter!
Barry Peterson, Chicago Perspectives Photography
Karthik Sudhir, Aperture Studios Photography, Portraits|Editorials|Events
Amanda Jay Williams, Web Designer
Tasha Nesha, Runway Model
Viktoria, Viktoria's Closet, Passion for Fashion!
Fred King, King Vision Photography, Chicago's Hottest Urban Fashion Photographer
Tatianah Green, Model/Fashion Show Coordinator
Brian Jarreau, Brian Jarreau Photography, Portraits|Headshots|Events|Fashion|Weddings
Jacque, Fashion Consultant/Designer
Chasity Cooper, Marketing/PR Guru
David Crawford, AT&T
Candyce Jones, Hair Care Products (attn: natural sistahs!)
Racine, Hip-Hop, R&B and Soul Singer


*This is also a shameless plug for their businesses :) If you are interested in connecting with any these people, and I have not linked to a website, just let me know and I'll be happy to introduce you.

Don't miss out on the next event. Click below and join the mailing list for L'Shanell Events:

2 comments:

Precious Poet said...

Wow I missed this!!! I need to become more informed. And me wanting to go to Salud already may add to it some. :)
Sounds like a nice event.

Nola.Divine said...

Hey Miss T! Have you made it to Salud yet?