SUBSCRIBE! {Don't Miss a Post}

Call for Female Bloggers for RED PUMP PROJECT

God has this way of tugging on my heart from time-to-time, nudging me to do something greater with my time and talent....calling me to be of service to others. Sometimes he makes it real plain and clear what it is that he wants me to do, other times I become a total bug-a-boo because I find myself praying incessantly like Okay God, I feel the nudge but what it is it?! Will you tell me? Can you tell me? Please show me - PLEEEASE?!?! Lol.

Recently when the call came, God wasted no time revealing to me the work he wanted me to get involved in....HIV/AIDS Awareness. It was loud and clear! Everything I did sent me a message of HIV/AIDS awareness...on TV, in the aisles of Target, on Twitter, in Quizno's, Bank of America...I mean really! I have never paid much attention before, but suddenly it was in my face - and I couldn't deny what God was showing me.

The final confirmation occured when I read a recent Public Service Announcement and Call for Bloggers on a blog posting...I knew I had to get involved. So I will be participating in The Red Pump Project and also seeking out other opportunities to work with HIV/AIDS Awareness.

**I am reposting the following bloggers call with permission from Luvvie.


March 10th is National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, and Luvvie of Awesomely Luvvie and Karyn of The Fabulous Giver came up with the idea of The Red Pump Project.

The concept is simple: On March 10th, we'd like female bloggers to rock the Red Pump widget that Luvvie has designed (from scratch, I must add) on their blog to represent the strength and courage of women fighting HIV/AIDS or affected by the disease. And to raise awareness about the epidemic and its effect on women (Black women especially, who make up 66% of women newly infected with HIV).

To sign up to participate, please just comment on this post with your email address, or up Luvvie directly at Luvvieblog at gmail dot com. If you sign up, you will be sent instructions and the html code of the widget. Also, your blog will be linked on a post on her blog that will run on that day. Their goal is to get at least 100 bloggers to participate in the Red Pump Project. Besides, the Red Pump will add a touch of FIERCE to your already FABULOUS blogs! Your participation will be appreciated a TON!

UPDATE: *65 female bloggers have signed up to Rock the Red Pump! We need 40 more to our goal of 100 (email us at theredpumpproject at gmail dot com to sign up).

And to Chicagoans, we are having a happy hour on Tuesday,
March 10th at Plush Lounge (1104 W. Madison) at 6:30. (1/2 price on Pizza and 1/2 price on bottles of wine). Come join us to network, socialize, and raise funds and awareness about the effect of AIDS on women and girls!

4 comments:

DivineL♥ve said...

Hi I'm interested in rocking the red pump widget on my blog on 3/10...let me know what I need to do...thanks :)

Moving Towards PEACE said...

It is important that we get the word out on this growing epidemic. Count me in.

Nola.Divine said...

@DivineLove and Timone...Hey ladies! I'm so glad you all will be a part of this important project!

Please e-mail Luvvie at luvvieblog@gmail.com - and tell her Nola Divine sent you!

I can't wait to see you both rocking the red pump on your blogs! :)

DivineL♥ve said...

Thanks! :)